27 mar 2014

American Gangster- Richie

Russell Crowe gives life to Richie Roberts in American Gangster
Russell Crowe in American Gangster American GangsterRussell Crowe about

Russell Crowe, willing to work for the third time with director Ridley Scott and producer Brian Grazer , accepted the challenging role of unrepentant police. I drew how Steven Zaillian 's script described how corrupt New York City , Harlem and less complicated world of New Jersey acted as satellites at the time of the rise of heroin. According to journalist Mark Jacobson, author of " The Return of Superfly" ( The Return of Superfly ) , corruption had reached such proportions within the Special Narcotics Investigation Unit (SIU ) , that " in 1977 , 52 70 policemen who had been through the unit were jailed or indicted . " Richie Roberts was the exception that proves the rule , and Russell Crowe admires him for what he has heard from him .

Speaking of the first conversations I had with Brian Grazer , Russell Crowe says, " I had read five or six versions of the script , and knew my favorite , but that was in the ship's captain. Brian called me on a Friday and Ridley else called me on Saturday . Took the opportunity to ask him if he had read the latest version. I said yes and I was delighted. I asked , 'Do you think they'll try to greedy if we do another movie together soon? " And I said,' Who cares ? ' " .

But Russell Crowe was aware that a film about real people is not the same as making a documentary about their lives. "The script focuses on a time period and condenses to tell the story ," he says . "In the film , Richie does things that really did not. All that concerns him is contradictory. Nothing in it is traditional and is not someone who can be pigeonholed into a category . In fact , ours is just an imitation . "

On the set , " There's nothing like running up and down stairs with a tight Levis seventies during a heat wave in New York ," says Russell Crowe, with a gesture of despair. "One day, I touched up 54 steps , and re-upload them down another 75 , running , of course. After 10 floors, was the cowboy soaked and cut me so tight that circulation. "

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario